Soccer and Discipleship in Uganda
Article submitted by Cody & Michaela Fulk, Field Coordinators in Uganda It has been almost 2 months since we moved here and God has done so many great things. We are feeling rather settled, and Cody has begun his work in the slums within Kampala. He was happy to see there are men to spend […]
Providing Quality Pastor Conferences in Nicaragua
Article submitted by Brenda Rose, Field Coordinator in Nicaragua “Shepherd the flock which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly . . .”. 1 Peter (5:2-4) For many years Harborside Christian Church and a dear friend have been providing quality conferences for the pastors of […]
Medical Mission To Ghana-West Africa
Dr. Michael Dapaah, M.D., P.A. is leading a group of medical and non-medical team members to Ghana to an established clinic and orphanage in Kumasi, Ghana. They will spend approximately ten days taking care of the medical needs of those that come. With the help of a local pastor, they are also able to minister […]
Constantly Thinking about the Karimojong
Article submitted by Cody & Michaela Fulk, Field Coordinators in Uganda Since we have arrived in Uganda, we are constantly thinking about our people, the Karimojong people. We see some on the streets as we drive through town. We see some sleeping in alleyways. There are traces of them in many places here. God has […]
Working with the Voiceless and Oppressed in Nicaragua
Article submitted by Eric and Marilyn Loftsgard, Country Directors in Nicaragua Eric spent the last week traveling around Nicaragua as part of a group evaluating CCDH. We have collaborated with CCDH for many years, predominately through the provision of motorcycles through the Christian Motorcycle Association for their rural pastor lawyer promoters. We also have had […]
Erick G. Soledispa Pinto
Serving in the Amazon region of Ecuador
In 1926 the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Ecuador sent the first national missionary couple to the Amazon: Manuel Mejia and Pepita Castillo. Since then many other Ecuadorians have felt the calling of God to go to this region and establish His Church there. Erick is originally from Guayaquil on the coastal region of Ecuador. He is a graduate of one of the historic evangelical Seminaries of the nation (Alliance Bible Seminary). In the last two years he assisted in the preparation of emerging indigenous church leaders of the Amazon. He joined MVI this year and is currently giving full attention and effort to developing leaders with the knowledge, values and skills needed to minister effectively in their communities.
- Preparing, proofreading and teaching part of the course materials used at CEMIM (Mangayacu Center for Missionary training), a school of Christian ministry in the Amazon Basin.
- Visiting different Amazonian communities and giving ministerial support to church leaders.
- Maintaining a mentoring relationship with CEMIM students.
- Developing new course materials in the areas of New Testament and Hermeneutics.
- Developing a partnership with CEMIA. (CEMIM extension school in Ankuash -a Shuar village).
- Erick also occasionally collaborates with different churches and ministries in areas such as youth ministry, seminars, retreats and English/Spanish translation.
- “God will grant that my life reflects the values that I teach so that they will be absorbed by the students more effectively.”
- “Wisdom and insight as I work alongside Amazonian church leaders.”
- “God will meet the needs of the ministry.”