Harness the power of prayer at the Learning to Listen Workshop.
Do you have questions you wish you had answers to?
Do you struggle to make decisions?
Do you wish God would provide clearer direction for you in prayer?
Many of us have come to think that the best we can hope for is that God listens to our prayers and occasionally grants a request. This couldn’t be farther from the truth.
What if we looked at prayer differently? What if we recognized that prayer is two-way communication with the God who created the universe? Through the Learning to Listen Workshop, you’ll be equipped to connect with God through training, practice and skills building activities.
This workshop is hosted by Missionary Ventures International and led by Dawn Whitestone, counselor and author of the book Strategic Business Prayer, and the Strategic Business Prayer Workbook.
The workshop is based on three underlying principles:
* God knows the plans He has for us (Jeremiah 29:11-13)
* God already has good work prepared for us to do (Ephesians 2:10).
* God speaks to His children through a variety of means (John 10:14 & 27. See also, Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby)
Based on these Biblical truths, we ask God what His plans for us are, and what works He has planned for us. We take the time to pay attention to what God is doing in and around us, and seek His wisdom and guidance in every area of our lives.
At the Learning to Listen Workshop, you will:
* Understand the five levels of prayer.
* Learn and practice five different ways of connecting with God.
* Identify your best listening skills.
* Become confident in interacting with Him.
* Find direction through prayer.
This workshop is sponsored by MVI’s Women Impacting Mission and is open to anyone yearning for direction, ages 16 and older.