Involving People to Impact Nations for Christ.
To see Christians, in every nation, engaged in discipleship until “all the ends of the earth” have heard the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We seek to empower, equip and mobilize the Global Church in missions. Our heartbeat is to create true followers of Jesus Christ.
- Involvement in the Great Commission: we encourage all Christians to look beyond themselves to share the love and message of Jesus Christ, both at home and cross-culturally.
- Discipleship: we consistently ask ourselves how our ministries are empowering, equipping, and mobilizing national believers to fulfill their destiny to becoming mature in Christ, and fully functioning as Christ’s ambassadors to the world.
- Facilitate National Ministry: we focus on strengthening the local church by partnering with and empowering the leadership God is raising up from among them.
- Bible Training: we believe that one of the greatest dangers facing the church today is lack of trained and Biblically grounded leadership.
- Church planting: a natural byproduct of discipleship. We strive to help our brothers and sisters “be the church” rather than “do church”.
- Strategic Investment: careful investment of resources into projects and programs to enhance the work of the Global church in developing disciples.
- Operate a thriving headquarters and build solid financial partnerships to facilitate our mission and vision.
The principles that drive our mission and shape our purpose:
- Knowing and loving God.
- Loving people uncondtionally.
- Empowering and equipping national Christians to fulfill the Great Commission.
- All Christians are called to make disciples.
- Maintain integrity, excellence and passion in all we do.
- Protect the dignity of those we partner with.
- A commitment to interdenominational ministry.
“Our beliefs as a mission- the lens through which we see God and people.”
- We believe God the Father is loving and forgiving.
- We believe that Jesus, God’s only Son, laid down His life as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world.
- We believe that salvation is available to all who believe and confess Christ as Savior.
- We believe Jesus has called and equips all believers to go into the world to tell, as well as to demonstrate the gospel of the kingdom of God.
- We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within the life of every believer to teach, equip, anoint, and comfort us to live the Christian life with joy, patience and endurance.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, profitable for teaching, correction, and training in righteousness, in order that Christ’s redemptive purpose can be known in the world.
- We believe the church is the organic and corporate expression of God’s purpose and love, comprised of individual believers who worship, love, and care for one another.
- We believe that discipleship is the key to effective evangelism and ministry.
- We believe that effective discipleship must comprehend and address the culture where ministry occurs.
We began because of just one community in need.
There had been a devastating earthquake in Guatemala, and communities were struggling to get back on their feet. In support of local churches, Missionary Ventures formed in 1983 to send teams of people to help the most damaged areas. We built relationships and shared Christ; repeating this time and again with measurable results. We focused on creating disciples and building up the local church.
From these efforts two core values quickly emerged, a commitment to empowering national Christian leadership and a desire to mobilize the church in missions.
Soon we sent our first long-term missionary to be “boots on the ground” in Guatemala and help facilitate the teams who visited each year. Yet the desire to meet needs in one location was growing. We saw other needs across Guatemala, and soon, around the world. Teams began to visit other countries, and missionaries began committing to serve in communities worldwide.
We took a specialized approach in each community. What were their greatest needs? What were their pathways to Jesus? How could we partner with individuals and churches to maximize the impact?
Today, Missionary Ventures has grown to include the development of six offices around the globe. Our impact is made by over 140 families in the field, ministering in 100 different nations.
Yet our vision of meeting needs and making disciples remains.
One need at a time.
One life at a time.
One community at a time.
By pointing each one to the God who saves, heals and delivers.